The MMR Performance intercooler for the F20/F30 M135i and M235i improves power and torque output significantly by substantially reducing charge air temperatures versus the OE cooling setup.
Using a huge bar and plate stepped core, our performance intercooler provides almost double the core volume of the OE unit and a frontal area around 70% greater than OE, too.
The core itself uses internal turbulators to improve its cooling performance and the CFD optimised end tanks assist with maintaining the best possible airflow across the core.
Due to the sheer size of the bar and plate core and the higher material ratio than a tube and fin core, this performance unit tips the scale at 11kg, but ultimately still provides the best solution possible when power output and low air charge temperatures are required.
- 520mm x 215mm x 145mm bar and plate stepped core
- 70% larger frontal area than OE
- 90% more internal volume than OE
- Delivers substantial temperature drop across the core, with minimal impact on pressure drop
- Anti-corrosive thermal coating
- Easy installation, not cutting or permanent modification to the vehicle required